To support Nursing Research that will improve the clinical practice of nurses in advanced practice roles and in the healthcare of children and families.
Research Fund Guidelines
Research Fund money will be kept in an interest bearing CD until time of distribution to grant recipient.
A percentage of Maryland Chesapeake Chapter’s revenues will be deposited into the research fund at the end of each fiscal year as is economically feasible. This percentage will be determined by the Executive Board on an annual basis.
Donations from private individuals, organizations and industry will be accepted and used solely for purpose of research foundation.
Application Procedure and Distribution of Money
- Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis.
- Money is to be utilized for clinically oriented projects/research.
- Applicants must be a current member of Maryland-Chesapeake Chapter NAPNAP. Support will be granted to individuals, not institutions.
- Applications shall be submitted to the Chapter President, who will forward grant applications to a Special Committee.
- A Special Committee, The Research Fund Committee, shall be appointed by the Executive Board and will meet as needed to review applications.
- This Committee will inform the President and Treasurer of their recommendations and the monetary award.
- The amount of money distributed to each person will be determined on an individual basis, dependent upon the amount of money available; the impact and monetary need of the research project and the number of applicants.
- The President shall seek approval of the Executive Board prior to approving each monetary award.
- The Special Committee will revise the application criteria as needed and submit it to the Executive Board for review.
Guidelines for Applicants
Grant applications should include:
- Purpose of Study
- Rationale for Study
- Hypothesis/Problem Statement or Objectives to be Accomplished
- Population to be Addressed
- IRB Status (Submitted, approved or exempt)
- Methodology that will be used to meet objectives
- Evaluation/Data Analysis/Plan
- Budget request and justification
Sample Evaluation form can be viewed here