NAPNAP-LA Chapter members,
As your continued 2020-2021 Co-Presidents, we would like to extend our warmest regards and welcome you to the Los Angeles Chapter of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP-LA). We thank you for your membership and are pleased that you have chosen NAPNAP-LA as a resource for your professional and personal growth. Your membership reflects your commitment to the promotion of excellence in the nursing professional as well as a commitment to advocacy for children, adolescents and their families.
Throughout the current health crisis around the world we will continue to work toward the core values of the organization and building on the foundation created by the invaluable Board members before us. In keeping with NAPNAP-LA’s objectives to promote and advance nurse practitioner excellence, we will continue to provide opportunities for professional development, networking, and chapter engagement within our current social distancing limitation.
We want to make sure you are taking full advantage of all the membership benefits available:
• Check out our events calendar on the website: http://www.lanapnap.org and follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
• We hold board meetings approximately every other month and all members are invited to attend. Zoom meeting dates and details can be found on our website.
• Volunteer as a board member to apply or develop your leadership skills and strengthen your resume.
• Keeping up-to-date with current clinical best practice and earning CEs via our regional and national conferences.
We are also working on
• Creating mentorship opportunities by becoming preceptors for NP students or mentors for fellow members
• Community outreach projects such as “Raising a Healthy Tween-Ager”.
As we enter a new term as co-presidents under these unprecedented times we look forward to creating innovated ways to serve you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to share suggestions, comments, thoughts, issues you like to address concerning our organization.
Sarah Green, DNP, CPNP-AC and Wendy Miyares, CPNP, RN, CNS
Co-Presidents, Los Angeles Chapter