A warm welcome to returning and new NAPNAP-LA members. As NAPNAP-LA Co-Presidents for the 2018-2019 year, we look forward to sharing the adventure ahead with all of you!
One of the NAPNAP-LA objectives is to promote professional development that is responsive to your needs. As PNPs, we are advocates for child health issues at the local, state and national level. In the coming year, NAPNAP-LA has renewed its pledge to engage members in new ways. We have a variety of professional development, networking, and social events planned for our PNP colleagues. Below are just a few opportunities to be involved in your professional community and stay current on many changes in health care affecting children today…
- Online health policy educational mini-sessions
- Annual regional conference co- sponsored by Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (CHLA)
- 40th Annual NAPNAP National Conference in New Orleans
- NAPNAP-LA quarterly meetings
- Networking happy hours for students
- For additional events throughout the year please check out the calendar of events on our website at www.lanapnap.org.
Another way to get involved is to volunteer for a board position. There is currently a vacancy for the role of NAPNAP-LA Secretary. Volunteering as a board member is an opportunity to strengthen leadership skills, share your experience and expertise, broaden your impact as a pediatric nursing professional, and contribute to the growth of NAPNAP-LA and the role of the pediatric nurse practitioner. If you are interested in the secretary role, any other board positions, or would like to participate in any of our board committees or events, please contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to a wonderful year ahead!
Siem & Andrea