Members of NAPNAP-LA,
As your 2019-2020 Co-Presidents, we would like to extend our warmest regards and welcome you to the LA chapter of NAPNAP. We are excited to share our upcoming plans with you. We look forward to continuing with the core values of the organization and building on the foundation created by the invaluable Presidents before us.
In keeping with NAPNAP-LA’s objectives to promote and advance nurse practitioner excellence, we continue to provide opportunities for professional development, networking, and chapter engagement including:
- 41st Annual NAPNAP National Conference in Long Beach March 25-28th
- Bi-monthly board meetings that all members are invited to attend. Meeting dates and details can be found on our website.
- Networking meet and greets for practicing NPs and current NP students. Mark your calendar for our annual open house meet and greet on August 17th.
- Online health policy updates as well as access to the Child Health Policy Learning Collaborative (CHPLC), open to all NAPNAP members, which meets at 5pm PST via conference call on the first Wednesday of every month from September through May to discuss policy trends and advocacy solutions on national, state and local levels. To be invited to the monthly call, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participation in community outreach projects including “Raising a Healthy Tween-Ager”. Brochure is available for download under the “Outreach” tab on the website.
In the year ahead we look forward to working with our executive board to engage members in new ways including:
- Partnering with NP students and creating internships with the NAPNAP-LA board members
- CEU dinner events
- Developing an NP speakers list
- Increasing member participation and engagement in health policy advocacy
We are always seeking NPs who have a passion for promoting optimal health for children and supporting advanced nursing practice to join our executive board. Board membership is an exciting opportunity to broaden your impact as a Pediatric Advance Practice Professional and contribute to the growth of NAPNAP-LA. Please visit our “Board Members” list for available positions and e-mail us at email@example.com.
We love to hear from our members. Please do not hesitate to reach out to any of NAPNAP-LA’s board members to share suggestions, comments, thoughts, and issues that you would like our organization to address. Also, be sure to check out our events calendar on the website: http://www.lanapnap.org and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
As your Co-Presidents we look forward to an exciting year!
Sarah Green and Wendy Miyares