Who should join?
- Any professional interested in Pediatric Health Care
- Students, RNs, APRNs, PNPs, FNPs
Benefits of joining:
- Membership: Networking with other pediatric colleagues at educational events, receive daily national news on pediatric health care, discounted prices on liability, health and disability insurance, peer organization memberships and more
- Education: Resources and CE courses, discount rate for the National Pediatric Conference which is yearly in March during PNP week. You can recieve free subscription to the Journal of Pediatric Health Care, Contemporary Pediatrics Journal online
- Advocacy Center information and resources to promote advocacy
- Practice: Position statements, policy, practice resources, career resource guide
- Community: Networking with APRNs and special interest groups to further your interests
- Local Benefits
- Assistance in finding a pediatric placement that suits you, for your clinical hours
- 5 Continuing Education opportunities a year that include a dinner and networking at a minimal cost
- Half day conference every other year, usually in April of an odd year in Buffalo. Typically a Saturday morning that will yield about 5-7 CEs
- First to know about pediatric job openings
Many employers are willing to pay for your membership to a professional organization!
- Preferred: $225
- APRNs who provide health care for children and who have obtained or are eligible for national board certification as an APRN; RNs who have completed a course which follows the ANA-AAP 1971 Guidelines on Short-Term CE Programs preparing the PNP; RNs who are practicing PNPS and were educated prior to the 1971 guidelines. Full rights of membership.
- Essentials: $200
- APRNs who provide health care for children and who have obtained or are eligible for national board certification as an APRN; RNs who have completed a course which follows the ANA-AAP 1971 Guidelines on Short-Term CE Programs preparing the PNP; RNs who are practicing PNPS and were educated prior to the 1971 guidelines. Limited rights of membership. See our Member Choices page for more information.
- Student, Doctoral Student/Career Starter: $115
- Registered nurses currently enrolled in an approved APRN program; limited to three years. Full rights of membership.
- APRNs, already eligible for active NAPNAP membership, currently enrolled in any doctoral program; limited to two years. Full rights of membership.
- APRNs in their first year following the completion of their APRN program; limited to one year. Full rights of membership.
- Retiree: $125
- APRNs retired from practice/employment and 62 years or older.
National Membership registration is accessible on line at www.napnap.org
PLEASE remember to list "New York: Western" as your chapter choice. If you do not do this, you will not be recognized by the local chapter and enrolled in a virtual chapter. Please email email@example.com with any questions.